Apr 19, 2013

DIY Recycled Plastic Flowers


Nature certainly does a great job this time of year. My yard is full of daffodils and narcissus. My kitchen is full of things in the recycling bin on their way out the door. I put these two ideas together and made my own homage to plastic flowers using paper coffee cups and lids, green straws from Starbucks,  a brown paper bag (and a little hot glue). The outer petals are made from the lids, the inner petals from the cups, the leaves from the straws and the pot from another cup and a brown paper bag. I'm old enough to remember plastic flowers -- the fake flowers people used before silk flowers were invented. Boy were they ugly ... and not very realistic. Not surprisingly they're selling on Etsy these days because they're also wonderfully tacky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment